Coffee is one of the most common stimulants consumed by billions of people throughout the globe. If you are addicted to coffee then this guide will surely help you determine the best coffee makers that you can buy for your home or personal office space.
Before digging right into the products themselves let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons why people choose a coffee maker rather than doing the entire process manually.
Why Use a Coffee Maker?
If you are planning to make a coffee cup manually then you need to do at least 5-6 steps to make a great cup. Imagine having to repeat the process over and over again every time you crave for some more.
Coffee makers automate the entire process ensuring that you get a perfect cup every time you tune the switch on. The best part is that the machine can handle the right mixture as per your settings for every serving.
As a matter of fact coffee makers are part of our daily lifestyle. With work pressure, course loads etc. there is simply not enough time to do things the old fashioned way.
The Top 5 Best Coffee Makers of 2017:
One of the myths that our reviews have shattered is that the best coffee makers may not always be the most expensive in the market. As such, it would be nice that you read some of the reviews to establish your coffee needs, taste and budget and we will help you buy the best coffee maker for you.
For more information, click on the coffee maker’s name.
Keurig K55 Brewer (Brew Sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz.):
Mornings are always better when you start it with a flavorful cup of coffee. A great brewing system is the secret to getting that consistently delicious cup of joe. You might want to check out the Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker.
It has a user-friendly simple button controls to help you brew your favorite beverage with easy, and you can choose from 3 brew-size options.
Features and Benefits:
- The K55 come with 3 selectable cup sizes that will allow you to adjust the volume and strength of your coffee, with a removable 48 oz. water reservoir.
- Has an energy saver mode which shuts the machine off after a set length of non-use. This gives you the nice piece of mind when you worry if you turned the machine off before leaving your home.
- Has a water filter kit available which will guarantee that you have a clean tasting cup of coffee rather than having a chlorine taste in your coffee. Note that if you have a filter system or Brita pitcher then you do not need to purchase the filter kit as it does not come included with the K55 brewing system.
- Not only is the Keurig K55 known for providing a great coffee brewing experience you also have the opportunity to use their coffee pods which are considered to be some of the highest quality coffee in the industry. The choices are virtually endless and the cost of purchasing the Keurig K55 is actually pretty affordable.
- The K55 brewer is a quite smaller than the original Keurig brewers because it is designed to fit best for home, boats, RVs, college dorms or office uses. It is very easy to use and a healthy way to wake up every morning.
- According to existing user reviews, the best thing about this machine is that it is very easy or simple to use. As can be seen on its simple button controls and indicator lights, there’s a readily accessible brew, rinse, and hot water buttons, just the things you’ll need.
- An included water filter kit. While you can purchase a kit for this unit, many of the higher end models have them included for no additional price. Perhaps the main benefit of this best coffee maker is its low cost. This unit is normally right around $100 versus many of the others which sell for $150 or more.
- There’s a one year limited warranty included with this coffee maker. If anything goes wrong just notice Keurig about it so that they can go through the process of honoring your warranty.
- Water container is only 48 oz. Big coffee drinkers need to keep refilling. So basically, you get 6 8 oz. cups of coffee and the 6th person has to refill the water container.
- For some, it was about the machine’s durability. They had high hopes for the Keurig K55 Single Serve Maker, but their units suddenly started to act funny or suddenly stopped heating water after less than a year of use.
Keurig K575 K-Cup (Brew Sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.):
The Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup is a great home brewing system and a fantastic coffee maker for anyone’s kitchen.
If you enjoy a nice warm coffee in the morning this machine is certainly for you. You must consider that this machine can create a coffee within 1 min. Having a coffee in the morning is certainly going to make a difference to your morning attitude.
You can basically make a coffee that tastes exactly the same as a coffee from a coffee shop. If you love coffee this machine is going to make your life so much better. It is a cost-effective machine and will produce a very nice tasting coffee almost instantly.
Features and Benefits:
- While most coffee makers have fixed brewing sizes and batches, the Keurig K575 comes with a notable exception. You can vary the cup size according to the amount you wish to brew. The K575 provides multiple brewing size options (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.)… for variation to benefit you.
- Enclosed within its sturdy body is a 80 ounce water reservoir. What makes it better is the fact that it is easily removable for cleaning and filling purposes. Just bring the tank to your sink when filling it to avoid any unnecessary spills and messes.
- With K575 you can program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times. This energy saving mode can help trim your electricity bill, avoid the worry of leaving an appliance running and also extend the useful life of your Keurig K575 coffee maker.
- The K575 completes a brew cycle in less than a minute. That is very fast by any standards. This makes it perfect for mornings and office usage; especially if you are bound time constraints.
- Since its primary purpose is to brew fast, the Keurig K575 shouldn’t be much of a hassle to use. Just pop in your ingredients, push a few buttons and you’re ready to go. The removable water tank also makes cleaning and rinsing a whole lot easier.
- Being user friendly does not mean that it is just plain and simple to use. The K575 fits the bill with some certain features. There is a small touch screen with a digital clock to help you adjust settings very easy. The K575 also enables you to brew a wide assortment of beverages; ranging from coffee and tea to hot cocoa and more. Also, you can vary your brew size according to the amount you need. It basically redefines the meaning of being user friendly.
- Although it looks appealing and has a certain touch of class towards it; the overall built quality of the Keurig K575 could have been better in our opinion. Its entire framework is made from plastic. Although sturdy and solid, we feel that the K575 could be better off with other built materials.
- Other the fact that it brews fast and good, there are not a lot of features to captivate and enthrall users. It basically serves its primary purpose well enough for people to overlook its bare bones facilities.
- This comes as a surprise. The K575 is churns out a bit of a mouthful when it starts up and brews. If you are sensitive to unwelcomed noises, this might prove to be an unprecedented annoyance.
Bonavita BV1800 Brews 8 Cups (40 Ounces):
Germans are well known for manufacturing technological marvels. They brought us Porsches and BMWs; and now we have the Bonavita BV1800 coffee maker. This German engineered household appliance has absolutely nothing in common with the 2 notable car manufacturers other than the fact that; All of them are from Germany and all of them go fast!
By fast, we meant to say that the BV1800 brews really fast. You know it is good when the BV1800 is certified for quality and performance by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA). What it means is that the BV1800 can brew coffee to the lofty standards established by the SCAA. If that does not spell a good coffee maker for you, not many would.
Featuring an integrated 1400-watt heating system to brew your coffee to ideal temperatures, this coffee maker not only makes it fast; it makes it hot and good! Built on the forefront of minimalism and simplicity, the BV1800 certainly won’t heads with its appearance and bare-bones line-up of perks. But what it lacks, it makes up by a mile with what it brews.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed without an appealing appearance and fancy perks such as LED backlights; the BV1800 does not require a thorough read-through of its manual to operate. The filter basket allows users to brew, clean and fill easily. Filling up the tank is as simple as brewing with it. The exterior stainless steel body is sturdy and very easy to clean as well.
- The reason why the BV1800 brews coffee fast and hot enough is because of the 1400W heater. The brewing speed and temperature is in line with the SCAA’s established guidelines. The BV1800’s showerhead also allows full coffee grounds saturations. This would enable you to get the best out your coffee grounds.
- The thermal carafe of the BV1800 is manufactured by Melitta and it also features a glass liner. Unlike other carafes, this one is very easy to use. When we say easy, we mean that it even has a trigger for single hand use as opposed to the complications of using the tops of other carafes. Rest assure this thermal carafe will keep your brew heated for longer periods.
- In line with brewing good hot coffee, the BV1800’s heater is unique in the sense that it only releases water if it is heated to the ideal coffee temperature. A temperature of 200-205 degrees F is always guaranteed with the BV1800. Add it all up and what do you get? Good, tasty and ideally hot coffee!
- The Bonavita BV1800 is designed for one sole purpose – to brew coffee and to brew it good! Built around purposeful minimalism, the BV1800 more than makes up for its lack of appeal with the coffee it brews. If it is recognized by the SCAA, you would have a rough idea by now of what to expect with this Bonavita.
- With its simplistic nature; it doesn’t come as a surprise that the BV1800 is very easy to operate. This compact coffee maker comes with one on/off switch to remove all the hassles and doubts of operating it. All you have to do is to fill the carafe, then pour the water into the non-detachable reservoir. The filter basket is placed on top of the carafe with the top removed. After that all you have to do is to wait for 7-8 minutes, remove the filter basket and enjoy your coffee.
- We reserve special praises for the thermal carafe of the BV1800. This high quality thermal carafe made from Melitta with a glass liner works like a charm. Compared to other thermal carafes which usually leave behind a mess after being a chore to operate, the carafe of the BV1800 comes as a welcome surprise. It is equipped with a screwed on top and also a thumb trigger for single handed use. Days of wiping the carafe after pouring your coffee are over with this ingenious carafe.
- Comes With 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty – A welcomes bonus.
- Being minimalistic, the BV1800 lacks some amnesties of more equipped coffee makers. A timer and brew stopper are the most notable absentees. You would have to wait for the coffee maker to finish brewing before you can pour yourself a cup. This might not seem like a big deal for most people considering how fast the BV1800 brews. Pour the carafe and before you are done making your toasts, your coffee would have been ready.
- This coffee maker is strictly for the purists. If you are looking for fancy perks such as programmable options or fancy menu screens, it is better you get a second opinion.
- For a coffee maker that brews excellent coffee, such a pricing doesn’t come as a surprise. But when you consider the fact that there are other best coffee makers out there which offer a tad more for a bit cheaper, the BV1800 pricing comes into question. Still, a true coffee aficionado wouldn’t mind chipping a few extra bucks for QUALITY coffee.
Cuisinart DCC-1200 (12-Cup Carafe):
A real coffee aficionado will not probably use a machine to brew the drink, but most people find the appliance extremely useful. The Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 is a prime example that a machine can smartly brew your coffee every time. It has easy-to-use controls and excellent water filter to create lovable taste.
Features and Benefits:
- Firstly it is made by Cuisinart who make a wide variety if kitchen products and a well known brand.
- The next feature is the ability to make up to 12 cups of coffee in one go. This is great if you have a large family that all eat breakfast at the same time or even for use in an office, which would make break time easier and faster for the employees.
- The stainless steel finish makes it very easy to clean too, just wipe over with a clean, damp cloth.
- The 24 hour timer is great for using in the morning. You can set it to turn on at a certain time, so you will have perfect warm coffee as soon as you go into your kitchen. You won’t have to wait for it to heat up like you normally would. So it will save you a lot of time especially if mornings are typically busy.
- But the best thing about the Cuisinart Coffee Maker is the fact that it makes great tasting coffee. It uses the exact same system that is normally found in only commercial coffee machines. This means every cup will taste great no matter if it is the first one out of the machine or the last one.
- All buttons are located above the carafe, eliminating the possibility that you spill your coffee on them and render the appliance useless. All buttons on the control panel are labeled clearly, making the appliance easy to use even if you have not used a coffee maker before. The Brew Central by Cuisinart makes audible alert anytime the coffee is ready.
- There is a programmable warmer from 1 to 4 hours, and it will produce a beeping sound after the configured time is up so you know when to turn it back on. You can even set carafe temperature to low, medium, or high so your coffee is exactly at the temperature you like best.
- Another great feature is the water filter. According to the manufacturer, the water filter in this programmable coffee maker is able to remove odors and chlorine, ensuring a good taste. The fact is that 98% of your coffee is water, meaning the quality of water also plays major part in creating taste.
- One limitation of the Cuisinart DCC-1200 is that its water reservoir will not keep back any excess liquid you put in; that is, if you don’t keep an eye on the window indicator as you fill the reservoir, you might end up with a bland cup of coffee and/or an overflowing carafe.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 (14-Cup Carafe):
Cuisinart has a rich vein of tradition in making commendable coffee makers; the DCC-3200 Programmable Coffee Maker is certainly no exception.
Imagine a coffee maker that doubles up as a hot water dispenser. The DCC-3200 not only brews fantastic coffee, it dispenses hot water for all your other desired beverages. Basically you are getting a coffee maker which doubles up as a very advanced kettle.
Programmable up to 24 hours, the DCC-3200 is fully automatic and it comes laden with a bevy of special perks to add to it already polished gloss. Housed in a sleek and compact stainless steel design.
Features and Benefits:
- The Cuisinart DCC-3200 is a fully automatic coffee maker; by fully automatic we mean that it can actually power itself on and off. Being programmable up to 24 hours means that you can pre-set and schedule your morning coffee brewing. After it is done, the DCC-3200 will automatically power down. It even has a self-clean function, how much automation can one expect?
- Sporting a blue backlit LCD with a digital clock display, the DCC-3200 displays everything clearly to its users. The menu consists of a few buttons to adjust the time as well as two separate knobs. One knob is assigned to adjust the temperature of the carafe. The other function knob allows you to tell the DCC-3200 what you want it to do. Should you want it to turn on and off or start a brew cycle, just dial the knob to point in the desired direction and the DCC-3200 will perform what you ask it to.
- The 1-4 setting button lets you improve extraction, flavor and temperature when you brew less than five cups. There is even a clean button; press it and your coffee maker will remove excessive calcium deposits. Indicator lights will also let you know when water is heated enough or when it is time to refill.
- The Cuisinart DCC-3200 boasts a special hot water system. With a 70 ounce water reservoir, the hot water system operates independently from the coffee making capacity of the DCC-3200. It heats water fast so you can have it as you wish for your other beverages.
- The DCC-3200 is a technological marvel in its own way. The ability to turn itself on or off is very laudable. You can now sleep easy knowing that the DCC-3200 will brew your coffee at the time you desire when you wake up. Just program it the day before and it will brew your carafe pot as scheduled.
- The carafe temperature control is integrated to let you keep coffee at a temperature you prefer with its heater plate. No longer would you have to wait for your whole carafe pot to finish brewing as you can now enjoy a cup while brewing.
- Filters are in place to make sure you get the best out of your coffee beans while brewing. There are also indicator lights to let you know when to refill and dispense hot water.
- The DCC-3200 also comes with a generous 3 year limited warranty
- Although it brews coffee automatically, this automation does not extend to the DCC-3200 water heating capacity. Water heating cannot be pre-programmed like your scheduled morning fixes.
- Unlike the carafe temperature control feature of the DCC-3200, the hot water system does not provide options to adjust its temperature. You will get hot boiling water every time you use this feature.
More 5 Coffee Makers (Espresso Machines):
With the espresso coffee maker, you have many options for making great tasting coffee. While pricey ($100 – $1000+) many users feel it is justified. Yet, the downside is that it can be complicated and time consuming. If you just want to make a quick cup of coffee, the espresso is not for you.
However, if you are willing to put in the work and learning curve, you will be richly rewarded. Not only can you enjoy a rich cup of coffee (or shot) but you use espresso as the foundation for other drinks such as cappuccino (simple recipe: 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk, 1/3 foam). So you can experiment with all sorts of delicious drinks.
Here are espresso coffee maker reviews from the top selling espresso machines:
DeLonghi EC155 (Pump Pressure: 15-Bar):
The DeLonghi EC155 15-Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is an affordable machine that has a patented dual function filter holder, making it compatible with ESE pods or coffee grounds. It has a lightweight design and a compact size without sacrificing quality or performance. The machine includes two separate thermostats, a stainless steel boiler and self-priming option.
Whether you’re just beginning your espresso habit or have long enjoyed these coffee brews, you’ll find the DeLonghi to be your best espresso machine in terms of speed, ease of use and efficiency.
The price of this DeLonghi is one that you won’t balk at, especially for everything you get compared to other espresso machines in this price range.
Breville BES870XL (Pump Pressure: 15-Bar):
The Breville Barista Express BES870XL allows both the novice and the expert to make great espresso. Among its features are an integrated conical burr grinder and dosing control which allows each espresso produced from The Barista Express to be created using freshly ground beans – the key ingredient to achieving ideal espresso.
Additionally it features pressurized dual-walled filters that allows the novice to deliver a smooth crema every time, while also offering a non-pressurized cafe style single-wall filter that allows one to experiment with grind amount, grind size and tamping pressure. These features allow you to find the true barista within you and truly explore the art of espresso.
Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 (Pump Pressure: 15-Bar):
The ECMP1000 model will make espresso, cappuccino and latte coffee’s. With its special thermal block heating system it will heat up the water really quickly, so you won’t have to wait for a long time to get your cup of coffee.
It is very powerful and delivers 15 bar of pressure. A great feature is the swing arm which makes the machine really versatile and easier to use. The drip tray can be removed to make it easy to clean too.
Most items on the machine can be removed for easy cleaning. It comes with a very comprehensive instruction manual which shows you how to set it up and also a troubleshooting guide that you can look at if you are having any problems with your machine.
Inissia Espresso Machine (Pump Pressure: 19-Bar):
If you’re looking for the ultimate Espresso machine, then look no further than the Inissia Espresso Maker. It is one of the most popular machines in its range because of the high quality and perfect coffee it produces.
It uses very advanced technology but also looks very contemporary and stylish with its solid construction. It is controlled by an Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother and 2 programmable buttons for Espresso and lungo preparation. It will make one or two cups of Espresso at a time and is powered by an 19 bar pump which gives it more than enough power.
Of all automatic Espresso machines, Inissia are really a class of their own. They use the highest quality materials to create machines that will last for years but also that will make great tasting coffee.
DeLonghi ESAM3300 (Integrated Burr Grinder):
You will be reaping lots of benefits when you buy ESAM3300 Magnifica. First, this product is compact but efficient. It can easily fit on a counter top or a on a small table. It can also be placed in one’s library, home office or bedroom. And don’t be deceived by its size because it might be small but it has all the power that any coffee maker needs to make you the best hot drink you ever had.
It is also durable and is sure to last for a very long time. This Espresso machine can make the freshest and most aromatic cappuccino, latte and espresso because of its built-in grinder that breaks down the beans right before brewing. However, it is also capable of mixing ht drinks using ground coffee. The height of its spigots can be adjusted to make it easier to pour hot beverages to tall or short cups.
It heats fast and keeps the high temperature for a long time because of its Thermo block technology. Its removable coffee waste container makes it easier to clean the item.
Coffee Maker Types:
Coffee maker is the first kitchen appliance you use every day after you wake up in the morning, and probably the first you come into when you get to the office too. Similar to all appliances, there are some different types with different coffee-making mechanisms to produce different flavors of coffee. You must understand how each type works to know what the best coffee maker is for you.
Remember the coffee maker that Grandma used? It had a glass bubble on top and the maker would either be heated on the stove or by electricity. The coffee is placed in a basket which is attached to a hollow stem. When the water heats up, it is forced up the stem and then over the coffee grounds.
While this is considered old fashioned, those that use a percolator swear by them claiming that the taste is more robust than other types such as the drip method. Furthermore, they are usually the least expensive.
Drip Coffee Makers:
These work a little differently. The coffee grounds are placed into a basket which contains a paper filter to prevent the grounds from falling into the coffee. The water is poured into the water fill area. When the water heats up, it is forced up and over the coffee grounds and drips into the coffee container. Therefore, unlike the percolator, the water passes over the coffee grounds only once.
Drip coffee makers are available with some features like the programmable feature. With this feature, you can set the unit to begin making coffee as long as 24 hours in advance. Therefore, you can have your coffee waiting for you when you get up in the morning. Or, time it so it will be ready when it is time for dessert and you won’t have to get up from the table to make the coffee.
Now we are talking serious coffee. Espresso coffee is made by forcing nearly boiling water under pressure over finely ground coffee beans. This results in a thicker consistency than other brewing methods and also produces foam. The flavors and chemicals in a cup of espresso coffee are very concentrated. Consequently, espresso coffee is usually served in smaller cups that are called shots.
A neat thing about espresso coffee is that it can be the basis for other drinks such as lattee, cappuccino and mocha. In fact, one can find recipe books on how to make other drinks from espresso.
In the past, espresso machines where largely found in cafe’s but recently they have become very popular for the home. The prices for these machine vary widely from less than $100 to over $1000.
If you are VERY particular about your coffee, you may be interested in the French Press coffee maker. Basically, it involves heating water to a precise temperature (195 – 200 degrees), carefully measuring your coffee grounds (preferably fresh ground) and placing it into the french press machine. Then add water and wait a specific amount of time.
When the time is up, press the plunger to the bottom to compress the coffee grounds and separate them from the coffee.
Single Cup Coffee Maker:
This makes??? cups of coffee. (Hint: greater than zero less than 2) OK it makes a single cup so it must be for single people or where there is just one coffee drinker, right? Well it certainly can be but think about this: suppose you have a party and one person wants decaff and another wants gourmet and another wants tea, etc. See how this might be useful?
Best Coffee Maker – Features to Consider:
A fully-featured coffee maker can be very expensive, but you don’t have to actually purchase such machine if you can find one that works best for you. The best coffee maker for you is not necessarily one with more features, but a coffee machine that includes the feature you use the most and with the capacity that serves you well.
A coffee maker with programmable settings is usually expensive. It is like a computerized machine with which you can set almost everything to work automatically. The settings may include brewing time, automatic shut-off, or option to pause the brewing. Programmable settings are usually available on full-sized models.
Capacity and Cup Size:
Capacity is usually indicated by the number of cups of coffee the machine can provide in a single brewing process. Please remember, however, there is no actual standard of coffee cup size. You only need to pay attention to the maximum volume of the water that the reservoir can hold instead of the number of cups.
Some coffee machines have double-brewing stations, meaning it can provide two cups at the same time. For those who often make two different types of coffee (regular, decaffeinated, etc), it can be a good choice indeed.
With brew-strength option included, everyone can make different types of coffee strength with one machine only. In general, you can make stronger coffee by slowing down the flow of water.
A different brand may call this feature with different names such as aroma or bold. In some cases, this feature can be more economical too because you can use less coffee grounds without sacrificing the flavor. As a result, you don’t have to purchase fresh beans or grind very often.
Self-clean cycle feature notifies you anytime the coffee machine needs cleaning. Some machines simply produce alerts to let you know that it is time to disassemble the parts and get rid of dirt. More sophisticated machines can do the cleaning automatically, while your job is only to add water or vinegar.
Self-clean cycle does not only extend the functional life of your machine, but it keeps the flavor of the coffee at its best every time. Daily use will eventually create a build-up of dirt or calcification in the carafe. It is important to keep the machine clean and to use only fresh water to keep up the good flavor.
As mentioned above, water quality greatly determines coffee flavor. If you use bad quality water without filtering it through any purification or filtration mechanism, even the best coffee maker in the world will produce a disappointing flavor.
Some coffee machines have this feature built-in indeed to make sure that the brewing process can only result in great flavor without any water contaminant involved. However, you must remember that a coffee machine’s main function is to brew coffee, not filter water. A stand-alone filtration system in your house is a safer bet.
Power option is useful for forgetful person. It allows the machine to turn off automatically after a predetermined time. You can also usually set the time depending on what you need to keep the coffee at its best temperature, for example while waiting for guests.
Some models even feature brewing-time option with which you can make the machine to brew in specific time period to produce a cup of coffee specifically for your taste.
“How to Buy the Best Coffee Maker”
Expensive Coffee Maker VS. Cheap Coffee Maker:
If you have looked at the prices of coffee machines, you have probably noticed that they range from as little as $30 up to more than $1000. So with such a big difference in price, how do you decide which is best, an expensive coffee or a cheap coffee machine?
Well the major thing you need to focus on is how good the coffee is that they make. After all, that is whole point of having a good coffee maker in the first place right? So look for reviews of cheaper machines and if you find many good reviews of a cheaper model then it might be worth your money.
But then again, if money is no object then you might want to spend a little more to guarantee you get the highest quality and best tasting coffee. Stove top coffee makers for instance are relatively cheap but the coffee can be very nice tasting indeed. Espresso machines also can be purchased quite cheap and can taste just like you get in a coffee house.
The cheaper machines will heat the water up by using a hot block of metal but this means they don’t have the same high pressure as more expensive machines. This higher level of pressure gives the coffee a nicer aroma. In fact, with cheaper machines there is often hardly any aroma from the coffee.
So as you can see, there are quite a few differences between expensive coffee machines and cheap coffee machines. It is not just the price; it’s how good they make the coffee taste and smell. If you are a real coffee lover, then the more expensive makers will suit you better than the cheaper versions. So take your time and search for reviews online and make sure the one you purchase has plenty of satisfied customers.
Coffee and Espresso Machine:
Most coffee lovers like to try a whole range of different coffees. So having a standard coffee machine will really limit what they can make. So many of them like to have combination machines like a coffee and Espresso machine or a coffee and tea maker. This gives them more choice of the types of coffee they can have in the comfort of their own home.
It also means that they can use different coffee blends too and some machines will even have a built in grinder to grind beans before using them to brew the coffee. Having a combination machine is also more flexible as most can create the different types of coffee without having to wait for the boiler again. They use a split steam system that really cuts down the waiting times.
There are obviously a few things you need to consider when buying a coffee and Espresso machine. If it is for your home then you will probably just need a smaller machine that makes one cup at a time. Or if you are buying one for an office or large household then you can get a larger machine that can make up to 12 cups at a time.
As the machines are used quite often, it is also important to buy one that is easy to clean. Many of them have removable elements that can be placed into a dishwasher for easy cleaning. But some are fixed and make time some work to clean them thoroughly. So make sure you see how easy they are to clean before making your final decision.
Buying a coffee and Espresso machine can really be a big advantage for making different types of coffee. They are quite affordable too, so you should be able to find a good one within your budget.
How To Clean a Coffee Maker:
You clean your coffee cup every time you use it, so why don’t you clean your coffee maker? Granted it doesn’t need to be cleaned every time you brew a cup, but when was the last time you cleaned it? How can you tell when it does need a cleaning, and how to clean a coffee maker?
The most obvious sign is probably the way it looks. It is not pleasant having a nasty looking coffee maker on your kitchen counter. However, a more important sign is the taste of the coffee. When you start to notice that the flavor of the coffee is not the same, run some plain water through your machine, without adding any coffee grains, to see what the water looks like. If it resembles something you do not want to drink, then it definitely needs a cleaning.
The oils from coffee build up and form a scale throughout your machine. The brew basket, pot and the shower-head become covered in a black coating that affects the taste of your coffee.
Before you get started here are two things you should keep in mind:
- Never put your coffee maker in the sink to wash or submerge it in water to soak. This can destroy all the electrical components.
- Do not put liquid soap into your coffee maker, and make sure any part you wash with soap is thoroughly rinsed before putting it back in. It is best to use a non toxic cleaning product that you could eat without suffering anyadverse affects when cleaning your coffee maker.
The buildup can affect the taste of the water as well as the thermometer in the machine that controls the temperature of the water. Both of these affect the taste of the coffee it makes. You may also notice that the brewing has become sluggish. This is because; minerals have corroded and clogged the drip hole.
Without a lot of effort and time, you can maintain a clean coffee machine and continue to enjoy a great cup of coffee every day.
These are things you should do daily:
- When you are done making coffee, clean the glass carafe and the filter basket with warm soapy water. You do not need to use any harsh scrubbers as they will unnecessarily scratch them.
- After making sure the coffee maker has been turned off and the heating plate is cool, wipe down the outside of the coffee maker and the heating plate with a damp cloth
White vinegar is one of the best methods of how to clean a coffee maker. It can flush out the brewing mechanism, get rid of oils and it is eatable. You just need to make sure it is completely rinsed out, so that it does not affect the taste of your coffee.
This is something that should be done once or twice a month, depending the amount of coffee that is made and the kind of water you have. A recommended cleaning schedule for soft water is after 80 cycles of brewing, and half that many brewing cycles for hard water. These are the steps:
- Make a mixture of equal parts of white vinegar and water and fill the coffee carafe with it.
- Pour it in to the reservoir, put on a fresh filter in the basket, and turn on the machine.
- After one or two cups have filtered through the machine, turn it off so that the mixture can soak inside. Leave it like this for an hour.
- Then turn the machine back on and let it finish its cycle.
- Next, fill the reservoir with clean water and run it through the machine 2 times. This is to ensure that any traces of vinegar are gone.
If your machine hasn’t been cleaned for a long time you may need to do this procedure a few times to get it clean.
When you are looking for ways of how to clean a coffee maker, some of the best advice is to make sure it never gets to the state of needing chemicals to clean.
“How to Clean a Coffee Maker”
FAQs About Coffee Machine Maintenance:
Having a cup of coffee is a morning routine in which many people partake. Although this practice is common, many people do not know how to maintain their coffee machine in order to keep it functioning properly. Keep reading for the answers to FAQs about coffee machine maintenance.
Why is it Important to Maintain a Coffee Maker?
The perfect cup of coffee requires a machine that brews coffee effectively. If the machine is clogged with residue from previous use, it does not function properly. Common problems that occur include: lime-scale, mineral build-up and oil residue.
These problems come from using different types of coffee beans as well as from using tap water. Tap water is harsh because it has is sometimes chemically-treated to remain drinkable. Furthermore, it may take twice as long for the machine to brew a full pot of coffee.
How is a Coffee Maker Cleaned Effectively?
It is very easy and effective to use vinegar to clean a coffee maker. Pour vinegar in your coffee maker and let it run through once. Run vinegar and plain water through the coffee maker again. Finally run plain water through the coffee maker. Soak your coffee pot with vinegar, and touch up the outside using vinegar as well.
Thoroughly wash the coffee pot with soap and warm water after soaking it in vinegar. If this is not done, a vinegar taste taints the next pot of coffee that is brewed. Repeat the process as necessary.
Are There Other Products That Work as Well as Vinegar to Clean a Coffee Maker?
There are packaged coffee cleaners that are available for purchase. It is cost effective to simply use vinegar, but if you are not convinced, the prepackaged cleaners are also effective.
Just like the machine, coffee beans are available in many different types, brands, and they do produce different flavors.